This year is our fourth annual Learning and Talent Management Research Conference, IMPACT: The Business of Talent® (April 26-29 at the Renaissance Vinoy Resort in St. Petersburg, Florida) and it is going to be the best conference ever!
The theme this year is “Building the Borderless Workplace” – how organizations can build modern, high-performing talent, leadership, and learning strategies to take advantage of the workplace and workforce of today.
This theme is very appropriate, given the changes in the middle east. Today’s successful organizations are breaking down barriers around the globe, across business units and divisions, across generations and cultures, and across organizational levels. And high-performance companies today are open: they use social networks for recruiting, employee branding, customer communications, marketing, and product innovation. All these changes dramatically change the way we manage people, how we develop people, and how we build and assess leadership.
Why should you come join us? Let me give you some fantastic reasons.
1. The People. Each year we carefully select session leaders and panelists who are among the most successful, innovative, and business-oriented people in our industry. All speakers have been hand selected by our analysts, representing some of the most powerful and innovative solutions in the market. This year this includes leaders like:
- Lori Sweere, the Senior Vice-President of HR from pUnited Healthgrou – who has been responsible for one of the most exciting corporate transformations in the last ten years.
- Mary Slaughter, the Chief Learning Officer of SunTrust, who has been widely recognized as one of the most business-oriented CLOs, responsible for helping to bring the company to profitability
- Annmarie Neal, the Vice-President of Cisco’s Center for Collaborative Leadership, which is responsible for developing Cisco’s continuous pipeline of top talent leaders
- Jane Pierce, Vice President, Talent & Organizational Development, Archer Daniels Midland Company, who is going through an innnovative new approach to management.
- Linda White, President, Global Performance & Learning, Scotiabank Group, Eksperten, a leader in the globalization of the banking industry
- Allison Barber, Vice President, Talent Management, Starwood Hotels
- Jay Longowa, Global Director, Organizational Development & Training,Energizer Holdings, Inc.
- Donna Parrish, Director, Leadership and Workforce Development, Lockheed Martin
- Laura Ann Preston-Dayne, Director, Management Development, Kelly Services
- Cory Edmonds, Manager of Human Capital Analytics, Alliant Techsystems
- Clint Nolen, Manager of HR Systems and Analytics, Hunt Consolidated/Hunt Oil
- Jason Gallourakis, Associate Vice President, Learning Solutions, Nationwide Insurance
- Lee Ann Russell, Director of the College of Customer Service, JetBlue University, JetBlue Airways
- John Hom, Vice President of Leadership Development, International, Prudential Financial
- Bob Vulpis, Executive Director, Morgan Stanley
- Tom Barfield, Director for Social Learning and Knowledge Sharing, Accenture
- Theresa Brasile, Director, HR Operations and Information Management, Marsh & McLennan
- Sam Buttigieg, Head of HRIS and Compensation, Allegiance Health
- Linda Burness, Manager of HRIS and Compensation, Cozen O’Connor
- Dave Vance, ex-CLO and Chief Economist, Caterpillar
- And many more, including the Bersin & Associates Advisory Board members, executives from top organizations worldwide.
2. The Topics. Each year our analyst team selects new research and topics to focus the event. This year we will be learning about the new world of social-network based recruiting and employment branding, re-energized approaches to performance and career management, globalized and actionable solutions for leadership development, how companies have implemented social learning and next-generation e-learning, the world of HR technology and talent management software, and a new topic we call “The High-Impact HR Organization” – how to organize and structure HR for maximum impact.
3. The Conference Experience. Our conference is one of the only events in our industry which is 100% focused on modern best-practices and new research in all aspects of learning, talent management, and human resources. The event is fun, informal, highly collaborative, and a valuable development experience for your entire HR team and leadership. And we like to make this an intimate gathering: we will max out at around 400 attendees, which means the experience is intimate and will likely sell out. (register now!)
This year we have a special program called “IMPACT for Teams,” available to our research members, which pairs one of our analysts with your team to help you build a customized learning and collaboration experience just for your organization. Contact us if you would like to bring your team.
4. The Solution Providers. As a premier analyst firm, we talk with hundreds of HR, L&D, and talent management solution providers each year. This year we have the privelige of hosting many of these firms, who will be available to meet you in the demo center and join in the learning experience. These include companies such as CornerstoneOnDemand, DDI, IMPACT Achievement Group, Mindleaders, Adobe, AchieveGlobal, GeneralPhysics, Harvard Publishing, Kelly School of Business, LinkedIN, Plateau, SkillSoft, Stepstone Solutions, The Right Thing, ADP, GetAbstract, IBM, iLoveRewards, Lawson, RapidLD, Richardson, Saba, SumTotal, TEDS, Technomedia, TowersWatson, and Vangent. These companies will bring their top executives for you to meet and talk with.
Finally, let me say that our entire analyst and consulting team looks forward to meeting you. All year we work hard to bring you research, tools, and information which makes your job easier – we look forward to this opportunity to spend time meeting with you personally, and hearing about your new strategies and challenges in the year ahead.
2011 is shaping up to be an exciting year in talent, learning, and human resources. We look forward to being your hosts and bringing you one of the best learning and networking experiences of the year! Come to Florida April 26-28 and join us… Register Now!